Holtek HT82A525R Cost-Effective Internal Oscillator Full Speed USB MCU
Following the successful integration of its low speed USB HT82Bxx series device, Holtek, with its superior design capabilities and experience in the USB MCU area, now takes a further lead in the announcement of its new full speed HT82A525R microcontroller. With its fully integrated oscillator of high accuracy, this new USB MCU device presently has patent applications in the US, Taiwan and China. This new devices will greatly enhance the market competitiveness of Holtek’s USB microcontrollers and meet the customers increasing demands for products with improved performance/cost ratios.
The HT82A525R is an I/O type MCU that has already passed USB-IF Compliance Testing (USB2.0 Report for Full Speed Device) and includes features such as:
1. Selectable internal 12MHz oscillator or external 12MHz or 6MHz crystal oscillator for the system clock.
2. 4 endpoint supported data transmission with Control Mode, Interrupt Mode and Bulk Mode. Total FIFO size of 208bytes provides flexible application options for user selection.
3. Two DMA modes, Serial SPI DMA or 8-bit Parallel DMA, suitable for applications that require rapid high volume data transmission.
4. A 12-bit 3-channel PWM function which can be used for Gaming Mouse and Keyboard applications.
5. Selectable I/O power supply functions to provide customers with higher I/O interfacing flexibility.
6. Multiple frequency output options resulting in reduced external component requirements for customer applications.
The HT82A525R can be applied in a diverse range of USB interface applications, such as PC peripheral game mice, game keyboards, joysticks, game pads, fingerprint identification systems as well as a wide variety of other USB interface based consumer products etc.
The devices are supplied in 28-pin SSOP (150mil), 32-pin QFN and 48/64-pin LQFP package types and are presently available as customer samples or in volume quantities.